Me

Grace Kahn

Interests/About Myself

My name is Grace Kahn and I am from the United States. I love the outdoors and being active, especially hiking. One of my favorite activities when I'm back in the U.S is going to the closest mountains and going on a long, exciting hike. One of my favorite hikes was 8 miles and over 14,000 feet elevation. When talking about not giving up on goals, this was a goal that I was not going to give up on as I had wanted this for a long time. Though it was difficult, I trained (practicing on an equally strenuous hike to 13,000 feet) and didn't stop until I finally made it all the way.

Language

Language is an important part of my life as I have to use it everyday to communicate with the people around me. Without language we would not be able to complete everyday tasks or essentially anything that required communication. Due to this, I think that langue and communication are incredibly important thing to know and learn about which make it important to study. If this were not something to be studied, it would never be fully understood and could not properly be used by those wishing to communicate clearly and creatively. As I live in Abu Dhabi, there are many here that speak in multiple languages. This can make certain situations difficult as it can be hard to understand and communicate with those who speak, or are more comfortable with other languages. 

Goal Setting

What is something new that I will try this year?

This year I plan to read new and interesting books that are not usually something that I would read. With school introduced books, I will have to read books that I would not have though to read, and hopefully I will enjoy them as much as I have enjoyed other books.

What will I learn over the next two years and how will it impact my future?

Over the next two years throughout Language and Literature, I hope to learn better time management with my class work. With the other classes that I will have to take, I will need to manage my time in all my classes so that I can get my school work done as well as I can while also enjoying non-school time. This will hopefully help me in the future in college classes where I'll also have to manage my time well in order to be productive.

What is my goal in language and literature?

My goal for language and literature in the next two years is to keep my grades at a comfortable level. I want to be able to get a grade that I can maintain and be comfortable with all the work that I turn in.





Comments