Idiolect Conversation

British Vs Southerner (in the states) Idiolects-

Southerner- Mornin' man, how's it goin'?
British- 'Ello mate. Doing quite fine, how's about yourself?
Southerner- Ain't nothin'. Whatcha up to?
British- Today's been buckets down outside and all I had on me was some manky jumper. Got me soaked to the bone and shivering like a leaf.
Southerner- Back here, it's been hotter than a pepper patch in hell. Was sweating buckets out there fixin' for a stroke. I been wishin' for your kinda weather.
British- Ay you a couple sandwich short of a picnic bruv, I'd rather have your heat than this s***e weather. Been wet every day in the past fortnight.
Southerner- The wet ain't nothin' comparin' to this. You ain't experienced heat till you been here.
British- You're lying if you think a bit a heats worse than what we've been in bruv.
Southerner- Alrighty honey, we both got bad weather. What else goin' on up with y'all?
British- Just nipped out this morning to the shop. Was way too hopping for me there. Could barely roll my trolley to the till.
Southerner- Sounds like a big o mess. I hate that sorta stuff man.
British- Oy mate I almost forgot I went down to the pub. Met with me mates and had a chinwag for a bit with an overall bloody good time.
Southerner- Nice man. Can't wait to talk again but I'm worn slap out. Seeya!


Key-

British slang   (regional dialect) 

Southern slang  (regional dialect) 
Sayings

Comments